95% would make again
Spicy Chicken Tacos
featured in Chicken Tacos 4 Ways
These spicy chicken tacos are sure to impress with their flavorful blend of spices and tender shredded chicken. Top with fresh salsa, creamy avocado, and a squeeze of lime for a zesty finish.
May 15, 2023
for 4 tacos
- 2 cups shredded chicken (250 g)
- 1 ½ cups crushed tomato (300 g)
- 1 white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can chipotle pepper, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 corn tortillas
- 2 avocados, sliced, for topping
- Calories 275
- Fat 14g
- Carbs 24g
- Fiber 8g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 16g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large, nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Toss in the onion and salt and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the oregano, cumin, chipotle, and garlic. Toast for 1 minute.
- Add in the crushed tomatoes and chicken and stir until the chicken is evenly coated and the mixture is warmed through.
- Pour the chicken mixture into a large serving bowl.
- Toast the tortillas in the seasoned pan, about 3 minutes per side.
- Divide the mixture evenly between tortillas, top with avocado slices, and serve.