96% would make again
Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast
featured in Weekend Brunch for Two
June 10, 2019
for 2 servings
- 8 oz cream cheese (225 g), softened
- ¼ cup powdered sugar (40 g)
- 1 cup strawberry (150 g), sliced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 slices bread
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup milk (80 mL)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter
- powdered sugar
- Calories 850
- Fat 67g
- Carbs 43g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 37g
- Protein 21g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, strawberries, and vanilla extract in a bowl and mix until there are no large lumps of cream cheese.
- Spread a large spoonful of the mixture in the center of two bread slices, then cover and press with the other two bread slices to make two “sandwiches.”
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with the milk, sugar, and cinnamon until the cinnamon is evenly distributed.
- Melt half of the butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Dip one of the sandwiches into the egg mixture on both sides, dripping off excess, then place it into the hot pan. Cook until both side are golden brown, then repeat with the remaining butter and the other sandwich.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with strawberries!