Strawberry Pastry Envelopes
These strawberry pastry envelopes are filled with a delicious and sweet strawberry filling, wrapped in flaky puff pastry, and baked until golden brown. Perfect for a special breakfast or dessert.
for 4 servings
- 2 premade pie crusts, at room temperature
- egg wash
- white sparkling sugar
- strawberry, thinly sliced, to serve
- Calories 431
- Fat 24g
- Carbs 47g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 5g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Unroll pie crusts and cut in half. Cut out a 5-inch-wide (12-cm) square in each half. Rotate the squares to resemble diamond shapes.
- Use leftover pie crust to cut out 4 small hearts with a heart-shaped cookie cutter. Set aside.
- Fold four sheets of aluminum foil into small rectangles. Using your finger, slightly open the inside of each rectangle.
- Place the foil packets in the center of each pie crust diamond.
- Dip your finger with water and wet the edges of the left, bottom, and right flaps.
- Apply cooking spray to the tops of the aluminum foil packets.
- Following the folds of a real envelope, close the flaps over the foil, leaving the upper flap open.
- Wet one side of the pastry hearts and arrange them wet side down onto the folded edges of the pastry envelopes.
- Place pastries onto parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with sparkling sugar.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Place a piece of aluminum foil over the top flaps of the envelopes if they begin to brown before the rest of the envelope.
- Cool completely before stuffing with strawberry slices.
- Don't just wing it -- plan it! Use our meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download here.