Stuffed French Toast Loaf
Say "bonjour" to this scrumptious Stuffed French Toast Loaf that'll have you feeling like you're dining in a Parisian café. With its creamy filling and sweet berry topping, your taste buds will be singing "ooh la la" in no time!
for 8 servings
- 8 oz cream cheese (225 g)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- ⅓ cup sugar (175 g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
French Toast Egg Mixture
- 9 brioche breads
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup milk (175 mL)
- ½ cup heavy cream (120 mL)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ lb strawberry (225 g), sliced
- 3 bananas, sliced
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Calories 633
- Fat 36g
- Carbs 64g
- Fiber 37g
- Sugar 29g
- Protein 15g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- For the cheesecake filling: in a small bowl, combine cream cheese, egg, heavy cream, sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- For the French toast egg mixture, combine eggs, milk, heavy cream, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Stir until well incorporated.
- Dip slices of brioche in egg mixture.
- Transfer brioche slices and cover bottom of a loaf pan, using a half or a quarter of a slice if necessary.
- Cover the slices with cheesecake filling and spread evenly.
- Layer another row of brioche slices and top with slices of strawberry and banana.
- Layer one last row of brioche slices using small pieces of the bread to fill in the holes.
- Bake for 30 minutes covered, then 10 minutes uncovered.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Invert the loaf onto a parchment paper-lined baking tray.
- Brush top of loaf with butter and sprinkle sugar over top.
- Broil on high for 5 minutes or until sugar starts to carmelize.
- Garnish with more strawberries, banana, and powdered sugar. Slice and serve.
- Love this recipe? Download the Tasty app to save it and discover others like it.