93% would make again
Teriyaki Chicken And Mushroom Skewers
featured in Summer BBQ Skewers 4 Ways
for 6 servings
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs (400 g), cut into 1-inch (2 1/2cm) pieces
- ⅓ cup soy sauce (100 mL)
- ⅓ cup honey (100 mL)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seed
- 1 cup spring onion (100 g), chopped
- mushroom, halved, as needed
- 6 skewers bamboo skewer, soaked in water
- Calories 225
- Fat 7g
- Carbs 21g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 19g
- Protein 19g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large bowl, place the chicken soy sauce, honey, sesame seeds, and spring onion. Stir well, refrigerate and marinade for at least 2 hours.
- On soaked bamboo sticks, skewer on the chicken and mushrooms. Repeat until the skewer is full.
- On a coal BBQ, cook the chicken skewers for 3-4 minutes a side until the chicken is cooked through and the skewers are golden brown.