Thai Tofu Collard Wraps
Fresh, nutritious, and delicious, these colorful collard wraps are stuffed with savory tofu and veggies, and drizzled with a zesty Thai-inspired peanut sauce.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 6 servings
- 6 leaves collard green
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 16 oz extra firm tofu (455 g), 1 package, cut into 1/2x2-inch (1x5-cm) strips
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and julienned
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 2 tablespoons fresh thai basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
Thai Peanut Sauce
- ½ cup unsweetened natural peanut butter (120 g)
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 4 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- kosher salt, to taste
- Calories 275
- Fat 21g
- Carbs 11g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 14g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- While the water heats up, prepare the collard green leaves. Trim the stems, then, using a paring knife, carefully remove the thick part of the stem from the leaf. Working parallel to the leaf, shave off any excess stem so that it is flush with the leaf and will roll easily. Repeat with each collard.
- Blanch each collard green leaf in the boiling water for 1 minute, until softened and bright green. Remove from the water and immediately submerge in an ice bath for 1 minute, or until cool to the touch. Dry the collard greens on paper towels until ready to use.
- Make the peanut sauce: In a medium bowl, combine the peanut butter, Sriracha, sesame oil, honey, lime juice, water, and salt. Whisk until smooth.
- In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes. Pour over the tofu strips and marinate for 15 minutes.
- Heat the sesame oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat. Add the tofu strips and sear for 2 minutes on each side, until browned. Remove the tofu from the pan.
- To build the wraps, lay a collard green leaf on a flat surface. Spread 2 teaspoons of peanut sauce across the center of the leaf. Lay 1 strip of tofu on top of the sauce, followed by 3-4 pieces of cucumber, 1 tablespoon shredded carrot, and a bit of mint, Thai basil, and scallions.
- Fold one side of the leaf over the filling and dollop a bit of peanut sauce on top. Fold the other side of the leaf over the filling, and using the sauce to secure. Fold the bottom of the leaf up and over the filling. Tuck in all of the ingredients and roll until the bottom half has reached the top of the leaf. Spread a bit of sauce on the top of the leaf and roll to secure the wrap. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Cut in half on the diagonal, then serve with more peanut sauce for dipping, if desired.
- Nutrition - Per Wrap - Calories: 282, Total fat: 18 grams, Sodium: 484, Total carbs: 21 grams, Dietary fiber: 11 grams, Sugars: 5 grams, Protein: 18 grams
- All your favorite recipes, stored in one place. Download the Tasty app and never lose a recipe again.