92% would make again
The Best Soft And Chewy Snickerdoodle Cookies
featured in 6 Cookies To Bake With Your BFF
Inspired by cakewhiz.com
for 24 cookies
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup butter (230 g), softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup sugar (200 g)
- ⅓ cup brown sugar (75 g)
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour (375 g)
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
Cinnamon Sugar Mix
- ¼ cup sugar (50 g)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Calories 175
- Fat 8g
- Carbs 22g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 9g
- Protein 2g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ingredients for the cinnamon sugar mix until evenly incorporated. Set aside.
- Now make the cookie dough, in a large mixing bowl, whip the butter with vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add the sugar and brown sugar and mix until well incorporated.
- Add the eggs and stir until thoroughly incorporated.
- Using a sift add the flour, cream of tartar, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt and sift into the dough. Combine until evenly mixed.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill.
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
- Using your hands roll dough into ping pong sized balls.
- Dip the dough into cinnamon sugar mixture and roll around covering the dough ball completely.
- Place cookie dough on parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow to cool and serve.