Vegetable Peel Chips
Have a pile of vegetable peels and don’t want to waste them? Toss them with olive oil and a few simple seasonings, then roast them into chips—it’s that easy. The crisp, crunchy peels make a great snack or salad topper.
for 4 servings
- 6 cups vegetable peels (1 kg), such as russet potatoes, beets, and sweet potatoes, loosely packed
- ¼ cup olive oil (60 mL)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried parsley
- Calories 122
- Fat 13g
- Carbs 1g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 0g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- In a medium bowl, toss together the vegetable peels, olive oil, and salt.
- Spread the peels in an even layer on a baking sheet.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, tossing halfway through, until the peels are dried and crisp, but not burnt.
- In a small bowl, mix together the garlic powder, paprika, and dried parsley. Toss the peel chips with the spice mixture. Season with salt to taste.
- The veggie peel chips will keep for up to 3 days stored in a cool, dry place.
- All your favorite recipes, stored in one place. Download the Tasty app and never lose a recipe again.