Watermelon Grill With Fruit Skewers
featured in Creative Ways To Serve Fruit
Fire up your summer with this playful Watermelon Grill featuring vibrant Fruit Skewers! This refreshing and creative treat will be the talk of your next BBQ or pool party.
May 04, 2023
85% would make again
for 12 servings
- 4 cups watermelon (700 g)
- 3 stalks celery, cut into 6-inch (15 cm) pieces
- ½ lime
- blackberry, enough to cover bottom half of watermelon as "charcoal"
- assorted fruit
- 10 wooden skewers
- Using a melon baller or half teaspoon, make three divots in the bottom of the watermelon that are slightly smaller than the circumference of the celery stalks.
- Cut the watermelon in half, with the bottom side of the “grill” being slightly larger than the “lid” side.
- Hollow out the watermelon halves using either a melon baller or spoon. Save the pieces for the fruit skewers.
- Insert the celery into each divot on the bottom half of the watermelon and secure with a toothpick if needed.
- Insert 3 wooden skewers into the watermelon half along its top edge to start assembling the “grill”, spacing about ½-inch (1 ½ cm) apart. Cut the skewers as needed.
- Fill the grill with blackberries, which will act as your charcoal.
- Finish inserting the rest of the skewers to complete the bottom half of the grill.
- Take the hollowed top half of the watermelon and toothpick a lime half to make the grill lid.
- Assemble your fruit skewers and get “grilling”!
- Add two skewers into the rim of the bottom half of the watermelon so that the lid can rest on it.
- Cook smarter, not harder. Use our AI chef Botatouille on the Tasty app. Download now.