for 24 poppers
- 8 oz whipped cream cheese (225 g)
- 3 cups shredded cheese blend (300 g)
- 2 cups shredded chicken (250 g), cooked
- ½ cup red pepper (50 g), diced
- ½ cup green pepper (50 g), diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ½ cup BBQ sauce (145 g)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (375 g)
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 30 oz nacho cheese chip (850 g), finely crushed
- 5 qt vegetable oil (5 L), for frying
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped, for garnish
- 1 ½ cups guacamole (335 g)
- 1 ½ cups salsa (335 g)
- 1 ½ cups sour cream (345 g)
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, cheese, chicken, peppers, parsley, and barbecue sauce.
- Transfer the mixture to a parchment paper-lined 9x9-inch (23x23-cm) square pan. Spread the mixture evenly and freeze for 1 hour, or until firm.
- Cut the block into 32 triangle poppers.
- Pour the flour, eggs, and crushed nacho chips into 3 separate medium bowls. Double bread the poppers by dipping them in the flour, egg wash, and nacho chips, then again in the egg wash and nacho chips.
- Heat the oil in a large pot to 375°F (190°C).
- Fry the poppers, four at a time, for 40 seconds, or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle parsley on top of the poppers.
- Serve with guacamole, salsa, and sour cream.
- Nutrition Calories: 5819 Fat: 588 grams Carbs: 127 grams Fiber: 9 grams Sugars: 10 grams Protein: 28 grams