BBQ Chicken Nacho Poppers
featured in Potluck Poppers
These BBQ Chicken Nacho Poppers are the ultimate party appetizer! Loaded with flavor and packed with fun fillings like cheese, chicken and peppers, these poppers are sure to be a hit with everyone.
May 04, 2023
88% would make again
for 24 poppers
- 8 oz whipped cream cheese (225 g)
- 3 cups shredded cheese blend (300 g)
- 2 cups shredded chicken (250 g), cooked
- ½ cup red pepper (50 g), diced
- ½ cup green pepper (50 g), diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ½ cup BBQ sauce (145 g)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (375 g)
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 30 oz nacho cheese chip (850 g), finely crushed
- 5 qt vegetable oil (5 L), for frying
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped, for garnish
- 1 ½ cups guacamole (335 g)
- 1 ½ cups salsa (335 g)
- 1 ½ cups sour cream (345 g)
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, cheese, chicken, peppers, parsley, and barbecue sauce.
- Transfer the mixture to a parchment paper-lined 9x9-inch (23x23-cm) square pan. Spread the mixture evenly and freeze for 1 hour, or until firm.
- Cut the block into 32 triangle poppers.
- Pour the flour, eggs, and crushed nacho chips into 3 separate medium bowls. Double bread the poppers by dipping them in the flour, egg wash, and nacho chips, then again in the egg wash and nacho chips.
- Heat the oil in a large pot to 375°F (190°C).
- Fry the poppers, four at a time, for 40 seconds, or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle parsley on top of the poppers.
- Serve with guacamole, salsa, and sour cream.
- Nutrition Calories: 5819 Fat: 588 grams Carbs: 127 grams Fiber: 9 grams Sugars: 10 grams Protein: 28 grams
- Ready for a smarter way to find recipes? Use Botatouille, our AI-powered food genius in the Tasty app. Download here