98% would make again
BBQ Chicken Sandwich
featured in Easy BBQ Recipes for a Great BBQ
This classic BBQ chicken sandwich is perfect for a quick and easy dinner, or for a backyard BBQ with friends. The juicy chicken is grilled, shredded, and smothered in a tangy and sweet BBQ sauce, and served on a soft and fluffy bun.
May 05, 2023
for 6 servings
- vegetable oil
- 1 ½ lb large, boneless, skinless chicken breast (680 g), about 3
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ cups barbecue sauce (435 g)
- 6 pretzel buns
- 2 cups coleslaw (250 g)
- Calories 655
- Fat 23g
- Carbs 76g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 35g
- Protein 32g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat a grill over medium-high heat and clean and lightly oil the hot grates.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place on the grill. Grill the breast for 5 minutes, then flip, brush with some of the barbecue sauce, and continue to grill until cooked through, 5-7 minutes more.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside to cool slightly.
- Use 2 forks to shred the chicken, add to a bowl, and toss with the remaining barbecue sauce.
- Serve on pretzel buns with coleslaw.