Bell Pepper Egg Boats
These colorful egg boats are a fun and healthy way to start your day. The bell peppers are filled with fluffy scrambled eggs, mushrooms and cheese, making them perfect for a protein-packed breakfast.
for 6 servings
- 3 bell peppers, assorted
- 6 eggs
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup fresh spinach (10 g), chopped, to taste
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms (225 g), sliced, to taste
- parmesan cheese, to taste
- diced tomato, to taste
- fresh basil, chopped, to taste
- salsa, to taste
- cheddar cheese, to taste
- Calories 123
- Fat 6g
- Carbs 8g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 9g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
- Cut the peppers in half through the stem. Leave the stem attached, but remove the seeds and membrane. Place onto a parchment-lined baking tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Crack a whole egg into each pepper half. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add spinach,mushrooms and Parmesan to 2 of the pepper halves.
- Add salsa and cheddar to 2 of the pepper halves.
- Add tomato, and basil to the 2 remaining pepper halves.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes, until the egg whites have set or until your eggs are cooked to your preference.
- Don't let a good recipe slip away. Download the Tasty app and save your favorites for easy access.