Birthday Cake Nanaimo Bars
Blow out the candles and make a wish on these birthday cake Nanaimo bars! This colorful cake batter filling on top of a layer of chocolate and graham cracker will make any day feel like a celebration.
for 9 bars
- ½ cup butter (115 g)
- ¼ cup sugar (50 g)
- 5 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 ¼ cups graham cracker crumbs (105 g)
- 1 cup sliced almond (70 g), chopped
- ½ cup flaked coconut (35 g)
- ½ cup butter (115 g), softened
- 2 tablespoons custard powder
- 5 teaspoons heavy cream
- 2 cups powdered sugar (320 g)
- ½ cup rainbow sprinkles (80 g), or funfetti
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 oz white chocolate (170 g)
- rainbow sprinkle, to garnish
- Calories 704
- Fat 45g
- Carbs 72g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 55g
- Protein 9g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a bain-marie, melt the butter, sugar, and cocoa powder.
- Stir in the egg and keep stirring for a minute until the mix thickens.
- Remove the bowl from heat.
- Add the graham cracker crumbs, the almonds (chopped finely), and the coconut flakes.
- When well mixed, pour into an 8x8 inch (20x20 cm) pan and flatten until you get an even layer.
- Cream the custard powder, softened butter, and heavy cream until smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
- Add the sprinkles and mix.
- Pour the mixture on top of the crust and spread it until you get an even layer.
- In a bain marie, slowly melt the white chocolate and the butter.
- Cool it down a little bit then pour it over middle layer.
- Chill the bars for at least 3 hours.
- Cut them into 9 even squares and sprinkle each one with rainbow sprinkles.
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.