83% would make again
Black Bean & Tofu “Meat”balls
featured in Meatless Meatballs 4 Ways
June 10, 2019
for 4 servings
- 1 package firm tofu, patted dry
- 15.5 oz black beans (440 g), 1 can, drained and rinsed
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 cup spinach (40 g)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups whole wheat breadcrumbs (230 g)
- 1 egg
- Calories 555
- Fat 9g
- Carbs 92g
- Fiber 13g
- Sugar 8g
- Protein 26g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a blender or food processor, add tofu, black beans, onion, spinach, garlic, and tomato paste, and blend until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl.
- To the bowl, add the oregano, salt, pepper, paprika, breadcrumbs, and egg. Mix well until a dough forms.
- Use your hands to form 1-inch (2-cm) balls from the black bean and tofu mixture. Place in rows on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden, flipping halfway.