Cauliflower “Hot Wing” Bites
These cauliflower hot wing bites are a perfect vegetarian alternative to traditional hot wings. The cauliflower is coated in a spicy batter and baked until crispy, then served with a creamy ranch dipping sauce.
for 2 servings
For the cauliflower:
- 1 head cauliflower, fresh or frozen
- ¾ cup flour (95 g)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup milk (240 mL), of choice
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (115 g)
- ranch dressing, for dipping
For the sauce:
- 1 ½ cups hot sauce (420 g), I used Siete Traditional Hot Sauce and used the whole bottle
- 2 tablespoons cream
- Calories 496
- Fat 10g
- Carbs 85g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 10g
- Protein 16g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat your oven to 450°F. Chop up your cauliflower into bite sized pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, spices, salt, pepper, and milk. In a separate bowl, pour in the panko bread crumbs.
- Dip your cauliflower pieces into the wet mixture, then into the breadcrumbs. Set the pieces on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20 minutes flipping halfway through.
- In a separate bowl, combine the hot sauce with cream. Once the cauliflower is done, dip the pieces into the sauce and let it sit for a minute.
- If desired, put the cauliflower back into the oven for 5-10 minutes at 400°F.
- Serve hot with ranch, if desired.
- Love this recipe? Download the Tasty app to save it and discover others like it.