96% would make again
featured in 4 DIY Chipotle Recipes
for 4 servings
- 1 cup white long grain rice (200 g)
- 2 dried bay leaves, or fresh bay leaves
- 1 ½ cups water (360 mL)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- kosher salt, to taste
- ½ cup fresh cilantro (20 g), finely chopped
- Calories 195
- Fat 0g
- Carbs 42g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 5g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a medium saucepan, add the rice, bay leaves, and water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 18 minutes.
- Remove the lid, fluff the rice with a fork, and cover. Let rest and absorb any steam for 10 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves, then add the lime juice, lemon juice, salt, and cilantro. Stir to combine.