96% would make again
featured in 4 DIY Chipotle Recipes
Cilantro Rice is a delicious and easy side dish that pairs well with almost any meal. This recipe combines fluffy white rice with fresh cilantro and lime juice for a bright, zesty flavor that's sure to be a hit at the dinner table.
May 05, 2023
for 4 servings
- 1 cup long-grain white rice (200 g)
- 2 fresh or dried bay leaves
- 1 ½ cups water (360 mL)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- kosher salt, to taste
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro (20 g)
- Calories 195
- Fat 0g
- Carbs 42g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 5g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the rice, bay leaves, and water and bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 18 minutes.
- Remove the lid, fluff the rice with a fork, and cover. Let rest and absorb any steam for 10 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves, then add the lime juice, lemon juice, salt, and cilantro. Stir to combine.