84% would make again
Corn And Zucchini Cakes
featured in Healthy Holiday Leftovers
for 4 servings
- 1 ½ cups creamed corn (340 g)
- 2 zucchinis, shredded and squeezed to remove excess water
- 1 cup all purpose flour (125 g)
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ⅓ cup cornmeal (50 g)
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- olive oil, for brushing
- avocado crema, for serving
- fresh scallion, for serving
- Calories 286
- Fat 7g
- Carbs 47g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 6g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large bowl, combine the creamed corn, zucchini, flour, garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper, and cornmeal and stir until well combined.
- Grease a baking sheet with nonstick spray. Using a ¼ cup (30 grams) measuring cup, scoop the batter into pancakes on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Flip and brush with olive oil, then bake for another 10-15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve with avocado crema and scallions.