99% would make again
Crunchy Taco Cups
These Crunchy Taco Cups are a fun twist on traditional tacos, featuring crispy flour tortilla cups, seasoned beef, and plenty of cheese. Top them off with your favorite taco toppings for a delicious and easy appetizer or meal.
May 05, 2023
for 12 taco cups
- 1 lb lean ground beef (455 g)
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning, 1 envenlope
- 6 oz diced tomato (170 g)
- 4 oz diced green chilies (115 g), 1 can
- 1 ½ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (150 g)
- 6 large flour tortillas
- Calories 241
- Fat 11g
- Carbs 14g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 17g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef and drain any remaining fat. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add taco seasoning, tomatoes and green chiles to the ground beef and stir to combine.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC).
- Cut flour tortillas into a square shape and cut each into 4 smaller equally sized square pieces.
- Generously coat a standard size muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Line each cup of prepared muffin tin with a tortilla sheet.
- Add 1.5 tablespoons taco mixture. Top with 1 tablespoon of cheese. Press down and add another layer of tortilla sheet, taco mixture, and a final layer of cheese.
- Lightly brush the top edges of the tortilla with cooking oil.
- Bake 18-20 minutes until cups are heated through and edges are golden brown.