Crystal Spritz Cocktail
featured in Crafty Cocktail
This content is intended solely for users of legal drinking age. Drink responsibly.
March 02, 2022
for 1 serving
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice (120 mL)
- ½ cup sugar (100 g)
- 4 oz Sauvignon Blanc (120 mL)
- 1 fresh basil leaf
- 1 large orange, peeled
- seltzer, for topping
- Calories 495
- Fat 0g
- Carbs 122g
- Fiber 7g
- Sugar 94g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- Make the lemon syrup: Add the lemon juice and sugar to a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Simmer for 2–3 minutes, until the sugar is dissolved, then pour into a glass jar to cool. You should have about 1 cup. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Use in other cocktails or add a splash to seltzer for a refreshing drink.
- Make the cocktail: Add the Sauvignon Blanc and 1 ounce lemon syrup to a large wine glass. Fill with ice and use a chopstick or a bar spoon to stir briefly.
- Place the basil leaf on your palm and slap your other hand on top. (This releases the oils in the leaf.) Slide the leaf into the cocktail. Hold the orange peel over the glass with both hands between your thumb and index finger. Twist the peel to release the oils, then rub the peel on the rim of the glass. Slide the peel into the cocktail.
- Top with seltzer and serve.