96% would make again
Double Chocolate 'Box' Brownies
featured in 4 Dessert Hacks Using 'Box' Cake Mix
June 10, 2019
for 8 servings
- 15 ¼ oz chocolate cake mix (430 g), 1 box
- ⅓ cup whole milk (80 mL)
- ¼ cup canola oil (80 mL)
- 1 large egg
- 12 oz dark chocolate (340 g), chopped, divided
- 4 oz white chocolate (115 g), chopped
- Calories 563
- Fat 30g
- Carbs 73g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 47g
- Protein 7g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 9-inch (23 cm) square pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, milk, oil, and egg.
- Add ½ cup (115 g) chopped dark chocolate and the chopped white chocolate and mix until combined.
- Spread the brownie batter in the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining chopped dark chocolate on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
- Let cool before slicing and serve.