96% would make again
Eggplant Parmesan Boats
featured in 5 Ultimate Italian Inspired Dishes
for 4 servings
- 2 medium eggplants
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- ½ lb ground turkey (225 g)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cups marinara sauce (520 g)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella (100 g)
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese (55 g)
- fresh basil, for garnish
- Calories 436
- Fat 21g
- Carbs 37g
- Fiber 9g
- Sugar 15g
- Protein 26g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Scoop out inside of eggplant leaving about ½-inch (1 cm) border inside.
- Chop the remaining eggplant and reserve.
- Brush the scooped out eggplants with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic to the pan. Cook until translucent. Add ground turkey and season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cook until the meat is browned.
- Add leftover eggplant pieces to ground turkey and onion. Cook for 5-8 minutes or until tender.
- Add marinara sauce and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Scoop meat sauce into the eggplants and sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with basil and serve.