99% would make again
Steak and Veggie Zucchini Boats
featured in 5 Amazing Zucchini Carb Swaps
Inspired by cookingclassy.com
for 2 servings
- 4 large zucchinis, trimmed and halved
- olive oil, drizzle
- pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 1 lb lean steak (455 g), thinly sliced
- ½ yellow onion, sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ green bell pepper, sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced
- 4 oz sliced button mushrooms (115 g)
- ½ cup low-fat provolone cheese (55 g)
- Calories 737
- Fat 42g
- Carbs 27g
- Fiber 7g
- Sugar 14g
- Protein 65g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- Cut zucchini in half, and scoop out the insides (repurpose for another dish). Place into baking dish.
- Season with olive oil, pepper, and salt.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Set aside.
- While zucchini is baking, season steak with pepper and salt and sauté on medium-high heat until steak is browned and cooked through. Set aside.
- In the same pan, season onions with pepper, salt, and olive oil and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add peppers and mushrooms, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Toss steak back into the cooked veggie and sauté for 1 minute.
- Distribute the steak and veggies among zucchini halves.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.