95% would make again
Garlicky Creamed Spinach
featured in Classic Steakhouse Dinner 20 Minute Challenge
Whip up this Garlicky Creamed Spinach for a side dish that's packed with flavor and comfort. With a rich, creamy texture and a hint of nutmeg, it's the perfect addition to any meal.
May 05, 2023
for 2 servings
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 3 large cloves garlic, grated
- kosher salt, to taste
- 1 lb fresh spinach (455 g)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ½ cup heavy cream (120 mL)
- ½ cup cream cheese (120 mL)
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese (55 g), plus more for garnish
- Calories 491
- Fat 44g
- Carbs 20g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 16g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Melt the butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add the shallot and cook until softened, 3–4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1–2 minutes, until fragrant. Season with salt.
- Add the spinach, season with salt, and sauté until wilted, 3 minutes. Transfer to a strainer to drain any excess water.
- Return the spinach to the pan and sprinkle with the flour. Cook for 1 minute, until the flour is lightly browned.
- Add the heavy cream, cream cheese, and Parmesan cheese. Cook until fully incorporated and thickened, stirring often, 3–5 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top with more Parmesan cheese. Serve warm.