96% would make again
Ham & Pineapple Fried Rice
featured in Kid-Friendly Fried Rice 4 Ways
Inspired by therecipecritic.com
for 4 servings
- 2 teaspoons oil
- ½ cup onion (75 g), diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- ½ cup carrot (60 g), diced
- ½ cup bell pepper (50 g), diced
- ½ cup ham (75 g), diced
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups brown rice (600 g), cooked
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- pepper, to taste
- 1 cup pineapple (245 g), diced
- Calories 826
- Fat 13g
- Carbs 148g
- Fiber 8g
- Sugar 8g
- Protein 26g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a wok or deep skillet, heat up the oil over high heat and cook onion, garlic, carrots, bell peppers, and ham until onions are translucent and ham is slightly browned. Push all of the cooked ham and vegetables to the side of the pan.
- Beat the eggs and pour into the cleared half of the pan. Scramble the eggs and mix with the rest of the vegetables.
- Add rice, soy sauce, pepper, and pineapple. Mix well and let the rice cook until slightly crispy.