93% would make again
featured in How To Make Homemade Japanese Food
for 2 servings
- 1 teaspoon bonito powder, to taste
- ⅔ cup cabbage (60 g), julienned
- ¼ cup bean sprout (25 g)
- tempura bit, to taste
- 1 tablespoon scallions, finely sliced
- 4 slices pork belly, thinly sliced
- 1 package yakisoba noodle
- 1 egg
- ½ cup flour (60 g)
- ⅔ cup water (160 mL)
- 1 teaspoon mirin
- okonomi sauce
- nori flake
- 2 tablespoons bonito flakes
- okonomi spatula
- Calories 1119
- Fat 28g
- Carbs 173g
- Fiber 12g
- Sugar 22g
- Protein 35g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Combine the flour, water, and mirin in a bowl and whisk until combined.
- Brush oil on an electric griddle heated to 350˚F (180℃).
- Pour the batter onto the griddle into a paper-thin circle 8 inches (20 cm) wide.
- Place cabbage, tempura, bean sprouts, and scallions on top of the batter to fully cover it.
- Top with 4 slices of pork belly and drizzle a little batter on top.
- Gently flip the pancake using two okonomiyaki spatulas, and press down.
- Add oil to the griddle and add the yakisoba noodles.
- Drizzle with okonomi sauce and stir to coat all the noodles.
- Put cooked pancake with the cabbage on the noodles.
- Crack an egg on the griddle and scramble with the okonomi spatulas.
- Place the egg onto the yakisoba noodles and drizzle with okonomi sauce.
- Drizzle with mayonnaise, nori flakes, and bonito flakes.
- Nutrition Calories: 5228 Fat: 544 grams Carbs: 77 grams Fiber: 8 grams Sugars: 22 grams Protein: 22 grams