93% would make again
Minestrone Soup From Leftover Sauce
featured in 6 Ways to Reuse Leftover Pasta Sauce
Inspired by foodnetwork.com
for 12 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup green beans (360 g), diced
- 3 cups tomato sauce (675 g)
- 5 cups water (1.18 L)
- 16 oz kidney bean (425 g), 1 can
- 1 lb macaroni (455 g)
- parmesan cheese, for serving
- fresh basil, for serving
- Calories 224
- Fat 2g
- Carbs 43g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 9g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a heavy bottom pot, combine the olive oil, onion, celery, and carrots over medium heat. Cook until the carrots soften and the onions become slightly translucent.
- Add the garlic and salt, and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the green beans, sauce, and water, and bring to a boil.
- Add the beans and macaroni and cook for about 9-10 minutes until the macaroni is al dente.
- Serve warm with Parmesan and basil.