Mixed Berry French Toast
Revel in the sweet symphony of mixed berry French toast, as vibrant fruit mingles with golden, custard-soaked bread. This berrylicious delight is the perfect harmony of flavors, making every morning feel like a special occasion.
for 2 servings
- 4 slices bread
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk (240 mL)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
Mixed Berry Sauce
- 2 cups mixed berries (200 g), blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juce
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar (65 g)
- confectioners sugar, optional
- Calories 447
- Fat 15g
- Carbs 54g
- Fiber 7g
- Sugar 41g
- Protein 22g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Whisk eggs, cinnamon, vanilla and milk together in medium-large bowl to create egg wash.
- Dunk bread in egg wash.
- Melt butter in a skillet on medium-low heat and cook bread for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix berries, sugar, and lemon juice in medium pan over low heat crushing and stirring berries until they form a thick sauce.
- Lay out slices and spread compote in between each slice then on top. Garnish with confectioners sugar (optional).
- Your favorite recipes are just a click away. Download the Tasty app to save and organize your favorites.