for 8 waffles
- 16 oz mozzarella cheese (455 g), block whole milk
- 1 cup flour (125 g)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs (115 g)
- nonstick cooking spray, as needed
- scallion, sliced, to taste
- marinara sauce, for dipping
- Calories 350
- Fat 14g
- Carbs 35g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 20g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat a waffle maker to medium heat.
- Cut the mozzarella into four equal slices, then cut each slice in half into square chunks, making eight chunks total.
- Place the flour, beaten eggs, and bread crumbs into three separate bowls.
- Dredge a mozzarella square in the flour, shaking off the excess, then dip into the beaten egg. Roll it in the bread crumbs, making sure that it is completely coated. Put the breaded mozzarella on a plate; repeat with the remaining mozzarella chunks.
- Spray the waffle iron on both sides with cooking spray.
- Cook the mozzarella squares in the waffle iron for about two minutes, until the bread crumbs are golden brown and the cheese is starting to bubble.
- Garnish with scallions and serve with marinara!