Pique Lo Macho
This recipe was submitted by a Tasty Community Member, and hasn’t been tested by the Tasty recipe team.Submit your own recipe here!
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 4 servings
- beef sirloin (), cut into bize-size pieces
- 2 packages hotdogs-sliced into diagonal cuts
- red onion, or white, largely diced
- 3 whole tomatoes
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 1 cup light beer (240 mL)
- ½ cup white vinegar (120 mL)
- 2 packets sazon seasoning
- 2 tablespoons salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 4 cloves garlic
- 5 potatoes, (or a bag of fries)- if using potatoes, julienne to look like french fries
- green pepper
- jalapeño, optional
- 1 cup canola oil (240 mL), or vegetable oil as needeed
- Calories 762
- Fat 59g
- Carbs 42g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 12g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Steep onions and tomatoes in a mixture of white vinegar with 1 tbsp salt. Set aside.
- Cut the onions and tomatoes into big long chunks, cut the jalapeños into smaller circle cuts and add all to a half cup of white vinegar with salt and put aside.
- Heat up oil in a fry pan or deep wok. Fry potatoes/fries until crispy on the outside but soft on the inside. Set aside.
- Cook cut hotdogs in the same oil for ~2 minutes. Retrieve and place on top of potatoes.
- Season beef pieces with Sazon, pepper, and salt to taste.
- Add beer and minced garlic to the same oil. To this, add bite size beef and cook on medium heat until tender (~5 minutes). Retrieve and put on top of hot dogs.
- Retrieve veggies from vinegar and place in oil. Saute for 1-2 minutes until soft and then place on top of beef.
- Peel and slice hard boiled eggs into 4 pieces each and place on top of mixture.
- Serve alongside crusty bread.