Say hello to the ultimate snack: Pretzel Dogs! These scrumptious bites combine soft pretzels and juicy hot dogs for a flavor-packed treat that'll have you coming back for more. Perfect for game day or a fun family night, you won't be able to resist these mouthwatering morsels.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 4 servings
- 12 oz pizza dough (340 g)
- 4 hot dogs
- 5 cups water (1 L)
- ¼ cup baking soda (45 g)
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- coarse sea salt, to taste
- shredded cheddar cheese
- jalapeño, sliced into rings and seeds taken out
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450˚F (230˚C).
- Dust the cutting board with flour, and cut the pizza dough into 4 equal pieces.
- Roll each piece of dough out until it’s a 12-inch (30 cm) rope. It’s okay if the dough naturally shrinks.
- Take the rolled out dough and wrap it around a hot dog in a spiraling motion, leaving room on the ends.
- In a pot, combine the baking soda with the water and bring it to a boil.
- Cook each pretzel dog in the solution for 30 seconds each. Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a baking tray.
- Brush each pretzel dog with the egg wash.
- Top the pretzels with your toppings of choice.
- For sea salt, sprinkle the salt on top. For jalapeño cheddar, top the pretzel with cheddar cheese, then follow with jalapeños. For garlic butter, combine the butter, garlic, and parsley, and brush on top. For pizza, top with mozzarella and follow with pepperoni.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes, or until it reaches a deep golden brown.
- Hate losing that perfect recipe? Save and organize recipes easily on the Tasty app. Download now.