featured in 5 Healthy & Hearty Fall Soups
Get ready to fuel up with this Protein-Packed Chili that's both hearty and delicious! Perfect for those chilly nights, this dish is sure to satisfy your taste buds and keep you energized.
May 04, 2023
97% would make again
for 8 servings
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, chopped, seeded
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 4 tomatoes, cubed
- 28 oz crushed tomato (795 g), 1 can
- 4 cups vegetable broth (960 mL)
- 2 cups water (480 mL)
- 1 ½ cups quinoa (255 g), rinsed
- 1 cup red kidney bean (175 g), drained
- 1 cup pinto bean (175 g), drained
- 1 cup black beans (170 g), drained
- 1 cup corn (175 g), fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- avocado, for garnish
- Calories 217
- Fat 4g
- Carbs 40g
- Fiber 8g
- Sugar 8g
- Protein 10g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large pot, over medium heat, combine oil, garlic, onion, pepper, jalapeño, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, chili powder, and cumin. Sauté until onion is translucent, 5-6 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, vegetable broth, water, quinoa, kidney beans, pinto beans, and black beans. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce to a simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- Add corn, lime juice, oregano, and cilantro, cover again and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool 2 minutes. Serve topped with avocado and cilantro.
- Cook smarter, not harder. Use our AI chef Botatouille on the Tasty app. Download now.