87% would make again
Roasted Red Pepper Vegan Mac 'N' Cheese
featured in 4 Easy Recipes To Help You Go Vegan
June 10, 2019
for 2 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup raw cashew (100 g), soaked in water for two hours
- 1 red pepper, roasted
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 ½ tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 2 cups vegetable broth (480 mL)
- 8 oz dry pasta (225 g), cooked
- smoked paprika, to serve
- Calories 1580
- Fat 86g
- Carbs 168g
- Fiber 9g
- Sugar 29g
- Protein 25g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a medium-sized pot or dutch oven over medium heat, add the olive oil and onion and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until semi translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer onion and garlic to blender. Add the soaked cashews, red pepper, nutritional yeast, tomato paste, cornstarch, salt, paprika, ground mustard, turmeric, and vegetable broth, and blend until smooth.
- Transfer sauce back into pot and cook until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Add pasta to the pot and stir until sauce is evenly distributed.
- Top with smoked paprika and serve immediately.