Roasted Red Pepper Vegan Mac 'N' Cheese
Indulge in a vegan twist on a classic comfort food with this roasted red pepper mac and cheese recipe. The roasted red pepper gives it a flavorful and creamy base while the nutritional yeast adds a cheesy flavor.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 2 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup raw cashews (100 g), soaked in water for two hours
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 ½ tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 2 cups vegetable broth (480 mL)
- 8 oz dried pasta of choice (225 g), cooked according to package instructions
- smoked paprika, for garnish
- Calories 568
- Fat 24g
- Carbs 73g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 13g
- Protein 20g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a medium pot or Dutch oven over medium heat, add the olive oil and onion and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onion is semi-translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the onion and garlic to blender. Add the soaked cashews, red pepper, nutritional yeast, tomato paste, cornstarch, salt, paprika, ground mustard, turmeric, and vegetable broth and blend until smooth.
- Transfer sauce back to pot and cook until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Add pasta to the pot and stir until sauce is evenly distributed.
- Top with smoked paprika and serve immediately.
- Ready for a smarter way to find recipes? Use Botatouille, our AI-powered food genius in the Tasty app. Download here