There’s nothing more comforting than a warm bowl of chili! Whip up a batch for game day, or freeze the leftovers for an easy future dinner. Our recipe comes together in just 45 minutes, but doesn’t skimp on that long-simmered flavor. Whatever you do, don’t forget the toppings! Our favorites are sour cream, shredded cheese, and scallions.
for 6 Servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 lb ground turkey (455 g)
- 1 can tomato
- 2 cans red kidney bean, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups low sodium chicken stock (480 mL)
- 2 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- sour cream
- shredded cheddar cheese
- scallion, thinly sliced
- Calories 296
- Fat 9g
- Carbs 39g
- Fiber 26g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 28g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the onion and red bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 7 minutes.
- Add the garlic, chili powder, and cumin, and cook, stirring frequently, until aromatic, about 30 seconds.
- Add the ground turkey and cook, breaking up the meat with a wood spoon or spatula, until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, red kidney beans, chicken stock, and salt and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the liquid has slightly reduced and the chili has thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Serve the chili with sour cream, cheese, and scallions.
- Meal planning made easy with the Tasty app. Download now to see exclusive curated meal plans.