Spicy Sesame Cauliflower
featured in Easy And Delicious Spicy Appetizers Recipe
This spicy sesame cauliflower is a tasty vegetarian alternative that delivers a spicy kick with a deliciously crispy texture that will leave you craving for more.
May 14, 2023
88% would make again
for 2 servings
- ½ cup flour (60 g)
- ½ cup milk (120 mL)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ head cauliflower
- oil, for frying
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- ½ cup soy sauce (120 mL)
- ¼ cup rice vinegar (60 mL)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- sesame seed, garnish to taste
- scallion, chopped, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch slurry, mix 1/2 tbsp cornstarch and 1/2 tbsp water
- Calories 466
- Fat 22g
- Carbs 58g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 22g
- Protein 11g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Whisk together flour, milk, baking powder and garlic powder.
- Add the chopped cauliflower and toss to coat. Make sure there’s a thin layer of batter over the cauliflower.
- Deep fry cauliflower until golden brown, remove and drain excess oil.
- Make the spicy sesame sauce by combining the sesame oil, garlic, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar and sriracha.
- Bring the sauce to a boil then add the cornstarch slurry. Mix in and let the sauce thicken.
- Add the fried cauliflower and toss to coat in sauce.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped scallions. Serve with rice.
- Nutrition Calories: 5211 Fat: 519 grams Carbs: 135 grams Fiber: 11 grams Sugars: 50 grams Protein: 29 grams
- Cook smarter, not harder. Use our AI chef Botatouille on the Tasty app. Download now.