97% would make again
Spicy Southwestern-Style Turkey Burgers
featured in 6 Mouth-Watering Burger Recipes
for 4 burgers
- 1 lb ground turkey (455 g)
- ⅓ cup red onion (50 g), minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, for cooking
- sesame seed bun
- shredded lettuce
- sliced tomato
- pepper jack cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise (120 g)
- 2 tablespoons canned chilies in adobo
- ½ lime, juiced
- Calories 443
- Fat 37g
- Carbs 4g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 21g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Place turkey, onion, jalapeño, and spices together in a large bowl and mix together until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Lightly wet your hands and use them to shape 4 circular patties about 4 inches (10 cm) in diameter.
- Heat up about 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Cook burgers for 2 minutes on the first side, then flip, lower heat to low, and cook them for an additional 5-6 minutes. Top with pepper jack cheese during the last minute.
- NOTE: The turkey burgers must be cooked through. Use a meat thermometer to check each patty for an internal temperature of at least 165˚F (75˚C) before removing from pan.
- Assemble the burgers as desired with bun, chipotle mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato, avocado, and preferred condiments.