81% would make again
Stuffed Fried Pickles
featured in Winning Snacks For Your Next Game Day
Inspired by thumbs.gfycat.com
for 6 servings
- 6 dill pickles
- 6 sticks mozzarella cheese
- 6 slices ham
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour (185 g)
- 1 ½ cups panko breadcrumbs (75 g)
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- oil, for frying
- spicy mayonnaise, for serving
- Calories 325
- Fat 8g
- Carbs 51g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 19g
- Protein 9g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- On a cutting board, slice the ends off the pickles and place vertically on the board.
- Using an apple corer, hollow out the pickles and reserve the centers for frying.
- Place a slice of ham on the cutting board and roll it around a string cheese stick.
- Stuff the ham-covered cheese stick in a hollow pickle. Repeat with the remaining ham, cheese, and pickles.
- Cut the stuffed pickles into ¼-inch (¾ cm) slices.
- Place the flour, eggs, and bread crumbs in 3 separate medium bowls. Dip each pickle slice in the flour, eggs, then panko, making sure each slice is fully coated.
- Dip each cored pickle center into flour, eggs, then panko, making sure each one is fully covered.
- Heat the oil in a medium pot until it reaches 375˚F (190˚C). Fry the pickle slices and cores for 1-2 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with spicy mayonnaise for dipping.