Vegan Pesto Pasta
This pasta dish is perfect for vegans and non-vegans alike. The vegan pesto is made with fresh basil, garlic, and pine nuts, and pairs perfectly with the pasta for a delicious and flavorful meal.
for 8 servings
- 1 cup fresh basil (40 g), packed
- 1 cup fresh arugula (40 g), packed
- ½ lemon lemon juice
- ⅓ cup olive oil (80 mL)
- ½ cup water (120 mL)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 ¼ cups almond meal (125 g)
- 1 lb vegan spaghetti (455 g)
- ⅓ cup pasta water (80 mL), if you're using this as a dip, omit the pasta water
- Calories 392
- Fat 18g
- Carbs 47g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 11g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Combine basil, arugula, lemon juice, water, and olive oil to a blender and blend for 5-10 seconds.
- Add garlic, salt, pepper, and almond meal to the blender and blend until completely incorporated.
- Boil salted water and cook spaghetti according to packaging instructions.
- When draining the pasta, reserve ⅓ to 1 cup (80 to 235 ml) of water.
- Once drained, return the pasta to the pot, and stir in the pesto, adding reserved pasta water until the sauce reaches desired consistency.
- All your favorite recipes, stored in one place. Download the Tasty app and never lose a recipe again.