64% would make again
Veggie Breakfast Casserole
featured in Slow Cooker Breakfasts 4 Ways
Pack in the veggies with this hearty veggie breakfast casserole. Loaded with colorful bell peppers, juicy tomatoes, and creamy cheese, it's a satisfying and healthy way to start your day.
May 05, 2023
for 8 servings
- 4 cups sweet potato (800 g), peeled, diced, divided
- 1 cup mushroom (75 g), divided
- 2 red bell peppers, diced, seeded, divided
- 1 cup broccoli floret (150 g), divided
- 1 cup tomato (200 g), diced, divided
- ½ white onion, divided
- 2 cups spinach (80 g), divided
- 8 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- ¾ cup milk (175 g)
- pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (100 g)
- Calories 311
- Fat 14g
- Carbs 26g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 11g
- Protein 18g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Layer half of the sweet potatoes on the bottom of a greased slow cooker.
- Layer half of the mushrooms, red bell peppers, broccoli florets, tomatoes, onions, and spinach.
- Repeat the layers with the remaining sweet potatoes, mushrooms, red bell peppers broccoli florets, tomatoes, onions, and spinach.
- In a large bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the eggs, egg whites, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables.
- Top with cheddar cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Carefully remove lid and serve hot.