92% would make again
Watermelon Salad With Spinach And Mango
featured in Watermelon Salads 3 Ways
This refreshing salad is the perfect combination of sweet and tangy. Chunks of juicy watermelon are paired with fresh spinach and ripe mango, then topped with a zesty dressing made with lemon juice and honey. It's the perfect summer salad!
May 05, 2023
for 6 servings
- 1 small watermelon
- 3 cups baby spinach (120 g)
- 1 mango, pitted, peeled, and diced
- ½ cup slivered almonds (70 g)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Calories 246
- Fat 10g
- Carbs 38g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 30g
- Protein 6g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Using a sharp knife, cut off the top and bottom of the watermelon to reveal the red flesh and create flat surfaces on both sides. Stand the watermelon upright, and slice off the remaining peel so only the red core remains.
- Cut the watermelon into roughly 1-inch (2-cm) cubes and transfer to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, water, honey, salt, and pepper.
- While whisking, gradually add the oil in a very slow, steady stream to create an emulsification. Set aside.
- Add the spinach, mango, almonds, and lemon vinaigrette to the large bowl with the watermelon.
- Toss the salad until well-combined, then divide between serving bowls.