98% would make again
Weekday Meal-Prep Chicken Burrito Bowls
featured in 5 Healthy On-The-Go Meals
Inspired by sweetpeasandsaffron.com
for 4 servings
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 bell peppers, any color, sliced
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 jar salsa
- 3 cups brown rice (680 g), cooked
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (100 g)
- 1 lime, sliced into wedges
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, to garnish
- Calories 1165
- Fat 25g
- Carbs 181g
- Fiber 17g
- Sugar 14g
- Protein 54g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place the chicken, peppers, and onions onto the baking sheet and drizzle with oil.
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning evenly over both sides of the chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the bell peppers and onions, tossing to coat.
- Top each chicken breast with a generous pour of salsa.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Rest chicken for 10 minutes, before slicing into strips.
- Add a base of brown rice to 4 food storage containers. Top each with a scoop of black beans, corn, additional salsa, cheddar cheese, cooked bell peppers, and onions, and sliced chicken. Garnish with fresh cilantro and a lime wedge.
- Store in the refrigerator (and enjoy any extras immediately). Can be kept refrigerated for up to 4 days.