96% would make again
Black Bean & Roasted Red Pepper Veggie Burgers
featured in Veggie Burgers 4 Ways
for 5 servings
- 15 oz black beans (400 g), 1 can, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup jarred roasted red pepper (90 g), finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup cornmeal (40 g)
- Calories 108
- Fat 3g
- Carbs 19g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 5g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
- In a large bowl, microwave black beans for 1 minute, or until softened.
- Add roasted red peppers, garlic, cayenne, cumin, and salt. Mash until black beans are finely mashed.
- Add cornmeal and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Using a ½ cup (120 ml) measuring cup, portion 5 patties from the mixture. Place onto a lightly greased parchment paper-lined sheet pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until firm and browned, flipping over halfway through.
- Serve burgers with your favorite fixins.