84% would make again
featured in Healthier "Bacon" 4 Ways
Say hello to a veggie twist on a classic favorite with this Carrot Bacon recipe! You'll be amazed at how these smoky, crispy carrot strips will satisfy your bacon cravings while keeping it plant-based.
May 05, 2023
for 2 servings
- 1 large carrot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Calories 68
- Fat 6g
- Carbs 2g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 0g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
- On a cutting board, use a vegetable peeler to peel the carrot into ribbons.
- In a small bowl, mix carrot ribbons with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss until well coated.
- Transfer carrot ribbons to a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes flipping halfway through. If carrots need more crisping, turn oven down to 300˚F (150˚C) and bake for additional 5 minutes, or until desired crispiness is reached.