Chicken Salad Crostini
featured in Crostini 11 Ways For Your Next Party
for 12 crostini
- 12 slices baguette, 1/2 in (1 cm), cut on a slight diagonal
- extra virgin olive oil, to taste
- kosher salt, to taste
- 24 slices green apple, thin
- 1 cup Waldorf chicken salad (100 g)
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped and toasted
Waldorf chicken salad
- 1 cup shredded chicken breast (125 g)
- 2 tablespoons red grapes, halved
- 2 tablespoons celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Calories 181
- Fat 6g
- Carbs 23g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 7g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F (220˚C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the bread in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Brush each piece of bread with olive oil. Lightly sprinkle with salt. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until the edges are light golden brown. Let cool.
- Make the Waldorf chicken salad: In a medium bowl, combine the chicken breast, grapes, celery, mayonnaise, and lemon juice and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place 2 apple slices on each crostini. Top with 1 heaping tablespoon of chicken salad. Garnish with ½ teaspoon chopped walnuts.