Easy Classic Hummus
featured in Easy Hummus 4 Ways
For the easy classic hummus, whip up a smooth and creamy dip with chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, and garlic. Serve with pita chips, veggies, or use as a spread for sandwiches.
May 04, 2023
95% would make again
for 6 servings
- 15 oz garbanzo beans (425 g), 1 can, drained and rinsed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ cup water (60 mL)
- Calories 137
- Fat 4g
- Carbs 19g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 6g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Pour the rinsed chickpeas onto half the area of a kitchen towel. Fold the other half of the towel on top of the beans, and rub them so that the skins start to come off.
- Place all of the peeled beans in the bowl of a food processor, along with the salt, cumin, and garlic. Turn the processor on to break up the mixture.
- With the food processor running, pour in the lemon juice, olive oil, sesame oil, and water, and let the processor run until the mixture is smooth.
- Serve with your choice of dipping chips or veggies.
- Don't just wing it -- plan it! Use our meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download here.