98% would make again
Loaded Vegetarian Nachos
featured in Meatless Recipes That Carnivores Will Love
Inspired by allrecipes.com
for 6 servings
- 1 cup lentils (200 g), rinsed
- 2 cups vegetable broth (480 mL)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 15 oz corn (425 g), 1 can, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz black beans (425 g), 1 can, drained and rinsed
- 1 lb tortilla chips (455 g)
- 1 ½ cups shredded mexican cheese blend (150 g)
- 1 cup shredded lettuce (75 g)
- 1 cup tomato (200 g), diced
- ½ cup red onion (75 g), chopped
- 2 jalapeñoes, sliced
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro (15 g), chopped
- Calories 960
- Fat 44g
- Carbs 118g
- Fiber 15g
- Sugar 12g
- Protein 25g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (175˚C).
- In a large pot, over medium-high heat, bring lentils, broth, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and oregano to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 35 minutes.
- Once cooked, mix in the corn and black beans.
- On a baking sheet, place a layer of tortilla chips, followed by the lentil mixture and cheese.
- Add another layer of tortilla chips, lentils, and cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Top with lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, jalapeños, and guacamole, and cilantro.