91% would make again
Make-Ahead Chicken & Rice Bake
featured in Five Hearty Casseroles You Can Prep On Sunday
Enjoy a comforting classic with a twist with Chicken Rice Bake. This easy casserole is made with tender chicken, fluffy rice, and a creamy sauce, and can be prepared ahead of time for a stress-free dinner.
May 05, 2023
for 12 servings
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 carrots, finely diced
- 4 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 cup white long grain rice (200 g), uncooked
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 3 cups chicken stock (710 mL)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 cup breadcrumb (115 g), optional
- Calories 428
- Fat 19g
- Carbs 47g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 13g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a skillet, melt butter, and cook onion, garlic, carrots, and celery until tender.
- Transfer to a 9" x 13" (23 cm x 33 cm) disposable casserole dish, or split among 2 smaller dishes.
- Add chicken, rice, soup, stock, salt, and pepper. Mix thoroughly, and cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil, top with bread crumbs if desired, and bake an additional 10 minutes. Or, bake for 30 minutes, let cool completely, cover, and freeze up to 2 months.
- To reheat, let thaw in the refrigerator during the day. Bake as directed above.