96% would make again
One-pot Spinach Chicken Pasta
featured in 6 Unforgettable Pasta Recipes In Red Sauce
for 3 servings
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons salt, divided
- 1 lb penne pasta (455 g)
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 28 oz crushed tomato (795 g), 1 can
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- ½ cup heavy cream (120 mL)
- 5 oz spinach (140 g)
- ½ cup parmesan cheese (55 g)
- parmesan cheese, to taste
- Calories 1183
- Fat 46g
- Carbs 136g
- Fiber 11g
- Sugar 17g
- Protein 63g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Boil water in a large pot over high heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of salt to water and add pasta. Cook pasta until almost al dente, or for 1-2 minutes less than the recommended cook time. Drain.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large pot on medium heat. Add chicken, salt, and pepper. Brown chicken, making sure to cook through. Set chicken aside.
- Add 2 tablespoon olive oil, garlic, and red chili flakes into the pot and stir.
- Add crushed tomatoes, stirring for a few minutes.
- Add cream, stirring until incorporated.
- Add spinach and stir until the spinach cooks down and incorporates.
- Add chicken, pasta, and parmesan, stirring until pasta is evenly coated.
- Garnish with more parmesan cheese and serve!