74% would make again
Power Protein Brownies
featured in 11 Protein-Packed Power Food Recipes
Want a protein-packed treat after your workout that won’t undo all of your hard work? These power protein brownies are the perfect, slightly sweet treat. Stick around ‘til the end of the video for some of our other favorite high-protein snacks.
Inspired by tasty.co
for 12 servings
- 3 bananas, very riped, chopped
- 15 oz black beans (425 g), rinsed and drained
- ½ cup dark cocoa powder (60 g)
- ⅔ cup almond butter (160 g), or nut butter of choice
- 1 cup almond flour (95 g)
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips (40 g)
- Calories 291
- Fat 18g
- Carbs 25g
- Fiber 7g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 10g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and line a 8-inch (20 cm) square baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine the bananas, black beans, cocoa powder, almond butter, almond flour, salt, baking powder, and vanilla. Pulse until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the dark chocolate chips over the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the brownies are set.
- Let cool, then slice into 12 pieces. Enjoy the brownies immediately, or store in the fridge for 1 week or in the freezer for up to 1 month.