Feast your eyes on this mouthwatering Seitan Roast, perfect for a hearty and satisfying vegetarian holiday meal. This savory dish is packed with flavor and will have everyone coming back for seconds!
for 6 servings
- ¾ cup pinto bean (125 g)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups vital wheat gluten (240 g)
- ⅓ cup nutritional yeast (45 g)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 ½ cups vegetable broth (360 mL)
- Calories 247
- Fat 5g
- Carbs 12g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 39g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In food processor, combine pinto beans, garlic, soy sauce, and olive oil. Process until smooth.
- In medium-sized mixing bowl, combine vital wheat gluten, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, onion powder, sage, rosemary, thyme, and pepper. Add in bean mixture and stir until combined.
- Make a well in the the mixture and pour in vegetable broth. Mix until dough gets thick.
- Once thick enough, use your hands to knead dough.
- Form dough into log, approximately 10 inches (25 cm) long and 5 inches (13 cm) thick. Roll up log in parchment paper, then in aluminum foil.
- Bake for 1 hour, flipping roast every 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with vegetarian gravy.
- Don't let a good recipe slip away. Download the Tasty app and save your favorites for easy access.