Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
featured in Roasted Chickpeas 4 Ways
A little heat is good for the soul. Kick things up a notch with chili and cayenne in these spicy roasted chickpeas that are the perfect snack or salad topper!
May 04, 2023
91% would make again
for 1 serving
- 15 oz chickpeas (425 g), 1 can, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Calories 823
- Fat 25g
- Carbs 115g
- Fiber 34g
- Sugar 20g
- Protein 38g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Carefully dry the chickpeas. Removing the skins is optional and they will come off easily. The drier you get them, the crunchier they’ll be!
- In a medium bowl, add dried chickpeas, olive oil, cumin, chili powder, cayenne pepper and salt. Toss well to coat evenly.
- Spread chickpeas out on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes.
- Mix around on baking sheet and roast for additional 15-20 minutes, or until browned.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Don't let a good recipe slip away. Download the Tasty app and save your favorites for easy access.